Get your ticket to see who will win up to $25,000 at the live event November 11!
The Horizon Foundation and United Way of Central Maryland have named the finalists for the 2019 Changemaker Challenge! We are grateful for the 56 applicants who submitted their big ideas for social change, and we are excited to share the nine finalists who will have the chance to win up to $25,000 to bring their ideas to life! Get your FREE ticket today to watch them November 11 at the Changemaker Challenge live event.
The finalists and their ideas are:
- Big Red Barn Environmental Education: Danielle N. DuPuis – Community Ecology Institute
- Community Accessibility with Dignity: Liz Burrage, Colette Jackson, Bryan Sorrentino – The Arc of Howard County
- Initiative for Latin American Community Engagement – InLACE: Lucas de Melo, Patricia Silva
- Mental Health First Aid and Narcan Training with a Focus on Veterans: Gary Canteen, John Way – VA Way
- Practical Skills Training for Caregivers: Claire Cohen, Dan Demmitt, Elizabeth Edsall Kromm, Tracy Novak, Rachael Parran, Esther Tenaglio, Kathy Wehr – Howard County General Hospital
- Rubix Preventative Mental Health Program: Dr. Zaneb Khan Beams – Grassroots Crisis Intervention Center
- Spreading the Word about Columbia’s Black Freedom Visionaries: Pamela Woolford
- STEER – Strategic Training for Empathic Emergency Response: Dr. Leah Katherine Saal, Dr. Lisa Schoenbrodt
- Upcycled Structures from Recycled Goods: Orlando Goncalves, Alfred Striano – Upcycled
Hosted by the Horizon Foundation and United Way of Central Maryland, the Changemaker Challenge is an event focused on sparking innovation and fresh thinking to address some of Howard County’s most pressing issues. Four prizes totaling $60,000 will be given in the amounts of: $25,000, $15,000, $10,000 and $10,000. One will be awarded to a project serving people with developmental or intellectual disabilities.
Changemaker Challenge Live Event
Monday, November 11, 2019
6:30 – 8:30 pm (doors open at 5:45 pm)
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab, Kossiakoff Center
11100 Johns Hopkins Road, Room K215
Laurel, MD 20723
The event, taking place on Veterans Day, will feature a presentation of the colors by the Atholton High School Color Guard.
Learn more here and register to attend here today!