Want to submit your big idea to the Changemaker Challenge?
Here’s how to apply:
- Access the United Way’s online grants portal to view the application:
- Click the link: https://uwcm.communityforce.com/
- Create a CommunityForce account, if you do not already have one.
- Click “Search” and then “View all Grants” to apply to the Changemaker Challenge 2021 application.
- Complete all 4 sections on the grant application portal: “General Information”, “Application Questions and Video Submission”, “Budget” and “Assurances and Important Dates.”
- Submit your application by August 29, 2021, and sit tight! Decisions will be communicated by September 10, 2021.
Questions? Contact Lulleen Lamar, Grantmaking Director, at United Way of Central Maryland at: email@example.com
All applicants, please note:
We plan to hold two in-person mandatory pitch sessions for all finalists at a venue located in Howard County, Maryland. These sessions are to prepare you for your in-person filming session. In addition, we plan to hold two in-person mandatory filming sessions for all finalists to work with a production company to film their concept.
It is important that you attend all sessions.
Please mark the following dates on your calendars now, should you be chosen as a finalist:
- Tuesday, 9/14: Finalist Pitch Prep Session 1, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Thursday, 9/30: Finalist Pitch Prep Session 2, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
- Monday, 10/4 or Tuesday, 10/5: Filming Session 1, time is TBD (Each Finalist will have a 30-min session at a location of the finalists choosing in Howard County, Maryland)
- Monday, 10/18: Filming Session 2, time is TBD (Each Finalist will have a 45-min in-studio session located in Baltimore, Maryland)
- Tuesday, 11/9: Changemaker Challenge Virtual Event, 6:00 – 7:30 pm
The actual dates, times and locations of the mandatory in-person pitch and filming sessions will be provided upon notification of an Entrant being chosen as a finalist.